Thread: KB no I/C
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #8
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Hi Terry.
To answer your questions, yes you can go Non IC first, then later on upgrade to the full intercooled kit. We have customers who have done this, and then there are others who haven't upgraded at all, and are still happy as with their setup!
Regarding diff gears, personally, I wouldn't go to 4.11 with a blown setup, especially if your using it mostly for street duties. My own car run the standard 3.2 gearing for most of it's supercharged life, and only in the last year (because the diff was getting tired) it got the Harrop Tru-trac and we upgraded to 3.7 gearing. This was only done to better suit the drag strip. With the power I was running and the 3.2 gearing I had, nailing the car with 265 rears would break traction at approx 180kph with NO clutch input, that's with just stabbing the right 'GO' peddle!
So as others have said above, your better off saving the your diff gear money, and if it were me ,I would put it towards a good clutch setup, because you will need that sooner, rather than later than you think.
Hope this helps mate.

Regards
AGRO.
-------------------------------------------
Hp & Money...It's Never Enough.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote