CJR09
RPO 77

Default Re: Measure Twice, Cut Once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
A different job, someone else’s screw-ups:

image image

Comments:

1. You attach the cistern to the pan before setting it down, there’s no excuse for not shimming it to finish with a 5mm wall gap (max) to white silicone fill, and building up the base with white cement, white sand mortar. You could even rake this out slightly and come back to glaze the mortar with a layer of white silicone.

2. The inlet has been set so low in the cutout that the float (inlet) valve can’t be adjusted any further up, or removed for service without unscrewing the cistern stop.

Both these issues as presented, are unprofessional, the second is - to my perspective - dishonest, as it is not really in a practically serviceable state. I feel for people who get told “that’s how it is” and pay up.
No.1 - no one uses mortar anymore - people want cheap and fast and pay as such - a quick look on their website and even their marketing photos show how poor the castings are - i have installed (well tried to) some that have had 15-20mm casting deficiencies and been through sometimes three or four replacements to get one that is ok and passable (try finding a client that will pay three or four times to have their wc installed that more often than not they chose without consulting the plumber) - the floor can also exasperate the situation if there is fall on it to a floor waste

No.2 what normally happens here is a change in spec to the floor coverings - the worst ones are a change fron vinyl to tile as the tiles set the pan higher some 15-20mm higher in relation - even a change from ceramic to porcelain can upset the applecart - not that this actually matters in this instance as the flush valve can be set to the other side giving the required clearance anyway

Dear to my heart - as a plumber for over 20yrs this was one of the reasons i left the trade

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote