View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #21
Ringo
I see you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxb67
mid 75 was the cross over point of early/late xb's. maybe they used early 1/4's when building or they may have been replaced. there are a few differences, but the windscreen wipers would have nuts/threads for late xb and splines for early xb

i have heard of many weird things that have happened regarding parts from seemingly different series of cars. i have been told and have no reason to disbelieve it - that someone has seen a factory coupe that had 1 door jamb with a vent and the other side without. i suppose they just used what parts were available and if they mucked up, they covered it as conventiently as possible
Its getting off topic but is still happening today with minor stuff, an upgraded part or bolt on thingy. The cut over to the new part when stock of the 'old' part runs out. The vent thing is funny.

Toyoya changed the service interval of their Camry from 10,000 km to every 15,000 km without changing anything else.

They cant tell you the build date that this change to the service interval occured for Camry because it simply started when they ran out of 10,000 kms interval service books and started throwing 15,000 km service interval books into them...
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote