View Single Post
Old 16-12-2021, 06:48 PM   #525
jakka351

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Thanks!

I've been running a 2nd hand 2014 cluster (so the newest Mk2 firmware) in my 2012 XR6T for the past half-year and I suspect it came out of a ute. Since I copied over my EEPROM and flashed the CCC data into the last block of flash memory, it is now a full clone - except for the FPV upgrades I gave myself. I'm sure if it came out of a manual, which I don't think it did, it wouldn't "remember" after what I did.

But other than a few details in the CCC data, like the formatted byte and VIN, I really don't know what any of the values do. I assume because it's "Central" data, it gets sent to a few other devices over the CAN BUS, so I didn't bother looking too closely at what the cluster firmware does with it. Most of the cluster firmware is driven by the EEPROM values.

Yeah, I have not looked at Forscan for a while either... I was hanging out for the in-code-out-code stuff to work on a Mk2 (they got it working on the Mk1) but I kind of beat them to the finish-line. I think my method of installing a new cluster is better anyway, nothing else in the car needs to be re-programmed to install the different cluster (or swap them back later).
Would you be able to shed any light on (cluster) CAN id 0x1D7, a remote frame request. I have seen it appear on the FDIM and the IC when they are isolated from all other modules.

And I also saw a 29 bit CAN id (not 11) message from the cluster with a DLC higher than 8. It appeared on the hscan, I am unsure whether it was a socketcan error, but it appeared along side the 0x1D7[7] remote frame request, one single message. have yet to reproduce.
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote