View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 02:14 PM   #746
BLUEYBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Thanks mate, my Daughter has explained my feelings to him and he understands which is a good start, im not so much worried about what may happen as i know that at some stage she will have to make her own decisions, what got me going was the way in which she approached the situation.
She knew it is a sensitive issue and so when she opened the conversation with knowing i would get angry followed by the age bit and topped off with the car it immediately put me off.
Especially with whats been going on lately.

I took her out for breakfast last week and asked her to tell me more about him once i'd calmed down and from what she tells me he is a really decent young man, finishing yr12 and about to embark on an apprenticeship as a mechanic in the airforce.
I havent met him yet, he was supposed to come and watch her play sport last weekend but bailed at the last minute because he said he'd feel uncomfortable sitting with me whilst she played, and thats fair enough, but she took that as a negative and it created conflict between her and i when i took his side.

As for the car, well he drives an CE Lancer..but he's in the process of restoring what looks like a fairly tidy UC Torana and is right into cars even if he does support the dark side.
sounds like a good start. I guess you have to keep the communication open with her and even if something upsets you not to show it and calmly explain. that way she won't feel that you always get angry. it will take time to build up that trust as teenagers only tell you the minimum especially if they aren't comfortable
1995 EF Fairmont - Tickford Enhanced
1980 ZL Fairlane in Brambles red
BLUEYBA is offline   Reply With Quote