Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2020, 12:33 PM   #3547
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
i feel there needs to be more clarification on these types of announcements (not you Russ, just in general media). Without looking further in to it, it can appear that Victoria are struggling to get on top of the situation, but the reality is, a large portion of these cases are returning travellers from overseas. Some are already confirmed cases even. The fact is, the bulk of international travellers land at either sydney or melbourne and any cases among these people simply get assigned to the state they land in. There is no risk associated with them as they are straight in to quarantine. These details tend to get left out and the media just love to make it sound like there is still a regular occurance of daily new cases. While there are still some cases from community transmission it sounds a lot more dramatic if all the imports get included in the headlines.

All it does is prolong the decisions to open the internal borders back up.
I was going to say the same thing. Most of the new cases are imported.

I wonder how strictly they are enforcing the quarantines of these confirmed cases they are letting into the country? Or are they expecting them to self regulate?