View Single Post
Old 26-06-2020, 03:32 PM   #5981
Ansimp

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv2005 View Post
Hello to all,
my first post is to also say thank you for helping me work through and tackle some maintenance, fault finding with 100% success so far.

I have had the 2005 RTV BF dedicated barra 6 cylinder for 2 weeks.
Since then through your posts i got the heaters working, changed the coolant,thermostat and top hose.

It has some dings, scratches and scrapes but i wanted to see how it would come up.
I have just finished giving it a compound and the white has changed from chalky mat to a shiny white with depth, tomorrow a wax.

I got the headlights crystal clear from almost a brown rusty color, they look awesome for the cost of some time and $10.00 in materials.

Drivers front flare is broken and they are expensive new and secondhand if you can find them.
So i removed it and gave the guard a good clean but will have to put a mudflap on, does anyone know if a sedan mudflap will fit and fill in the bottom of the guard? as it curves in from the cab.

I looks great without it so if i can put something in the mud flaps place i will do the other side.

its a great ute, the gentleman and his wife that i bought it from knew i was on a budget, i didn't ask or low ball their price and they gave it to me cheaper. They were more interested in a good home than the money.
Nice and generous people are out there and for me come when i truly needed it.
As this forum shows, members being generous with their time and knowledge to help someone like me they have probably never met.

Still more to do, i look forward to ticking the next box, thanks in advance.
Just received a new drivers front flare in my insurance claim and it was $150. They are the only ones still available and a lot cheaper than the original prices for them. It was complete with mounting hardware. There is a local wrecker here in Brisbane trying to get $220 for each flare second hand!
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote