View Single Post
Old 17-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #245
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: V8 ranger raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumboot View Post
Thanks Simon. That makes sense. So as it’s so late in the current ranger cycle and they won’t want to spend money they can’t recover, I guess we wait for the new platform. So my thinking is it s a year and half away from the new ranger platform, then the raptor will follow that as a halo model say 6 months to a year down the track. So we are looking at least 2 years -3 years for any chance of a v8 Raptor. And by then it’s most likely to have a 2.7 twin turbo petrol instead of a coyote anyway. So unlikely we will Ever see one at all anymore. And before then we will have a RAM TRX which is already confirmed , DT ram 1500 on sale in aus Before then . So ford loses more of the market that has a disposable $100k+ as they will shop elsewhere before then.
Why wouldn’t a Raptor be available at the start of this product cycle?
Remembering that Ranger is not the first vehicle on Next Gen T6...it’s such an important model, I can’t see them launching the new Ranger without it being ready.
You may be right about there never being a V8 Ranger but a TTV6 is still something worth considering...

Last edited by jpd80; 17-08-2020 at 09:58 AM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote