View Single Post
Old 18-01-2017, 12:26 AM   #768
xr8cam

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

A neighbour aged 63 took his life late last year. He was given meds by his doctor but sadly thought he new better and took them when he felt bad. I explained to him how they work and the dangers associated with stop starting prescriptions but in the end, the black dog won out. Anybody who reads this please do not adjust your meds without talking to a professional first. Also, when you start a course of anti depressants they will often make you feel worse for a week or two before they kick in which can take six weeks on average. Everybody is different & these drugs affect us all in different ways. Be aware of these things and be aware that your GP probably doesn't know much at all about these meds. It is an area for Psychologist and your GP should be insisting on you seeing one. Meds don't solve issues, you need to get stable, see a professional, work thru issues and then slowly come off the meds. I finally did it the proper way and have been drug free for years with very few highs or lows because my therapist showed me what to do when I feel moods coming etc. Takes time & work but no serious illness is easy to get over.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: