View Single Post
Old 29-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #56
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by last fairlane
Hi all
Id like to make some comments first I drive Mack semi it costs my boss at least 300 litres a day @ $1.70/litre multiply that by the ten rigs we have thats $5000 per day what the hell does linfox spend then?
Im 60 and when I was doing my apprentaship back in the sixties a grade mechanics got $40 per week I got $15 to start and finally got $40 after 5 years
now work out the percentages here Super petrol cost 40 cents a gallon about 8 cents per litre Diesel was 20 cents per gallon about 4 cents and Kero was 10 cents a gallon about 2 cents a litre
lets do the maths here Im not sure of Mechanic wages these days but I would reckon it has to be $1200 a week at least if not you should be in a truck OK so $1200 / week to $40 per week is 30 times OK now petrol @ 8 cents X 30 = 240 ie $2.40 so to my way of thinking we pay less now percentage wise
is there any one else that can remember the cost of fuel and parts back then
get on board and tell us your experiences with fuel
sorry for the long letter thanks JOHN
The government gives a rebate on diesel fuel (use to be 17.5c/l but its higher now) to commercial trucks. If your GVM is over 20T then there is a full rebate below that is only if you leave you home city.

But I get your point.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote