View Single Post
Old 30-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #173
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I've had the USB stick connected for almost 7 years (I bought it for the car) so probably not a slow thing. Just an extra load on the components though, where in fringe circumstances it's probably best not to have it.

It's possible the broken unit I have just had a "bad USB day" one time, the difference I see is to the port itself and I've got nothing connected on either boards on the workbench so it shouldn't make a difference.

I'm still checking components, I think I've done all the resistors now - every one of them is the same resistance on both boards.

I'm going to have to get my logic analyser out and start recording power-up details of the various chips which have pins exposed. There's also microSD tracks on the circuit board (no actual socket though) but I'll plug that into the analyser to see if both units attempt to read SD cards.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: