View Single Post
Old 18-02-2024, 06:42 PM   #2
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Purchasing car in NSW and driving back to Qld Unregistered

I’ve used UVPs from NSW on journeys across multiple states. No problems, even when I nominated a bit of tourism en route.

You will need a valid Australian issued driver’s licence and (not required but helpful) a couple of other bits to confirm identity, as your NSW RMS ID will be with your Queensland address. If you’re picking up the car in Sydney I suggest the Macquarie Park Service NSW branch. It’s a convenient one for access to/from by public transport in most directions.

They are a bit quartermaster-ish with permit durations now in NSW, I suggest attaching a document as annexure, which thoroughly maps your intended journey and stops. Even add a couple of “rest days” at overnight stops. That way, any niggles are able to be dealt with inside the issued permit’s timeframe - you can always drive ahead of schedule if all is good.

Make sure the sticker isn’t hidden by the tint band, also keep the paperwork either clipped to the dash or on top of everything else in the glovebox.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: