View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 01:59 PM   #1051
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
i'm guessing your job isn't under threat?
Of course I would think differently if it was, it could be but for the most part it is not. But I choose to work hard and ensure I was working in an industry/sector that added value.

Australia has become full of service centers, health clinics and coffee shops...so no, we dont need them all.

In saying that the GovCo's also didnt help with the transition away from essential/basic skills, globalisation made it easy and thus our skill set moved.

If I had to change my job to something else during or just after this period then I would. Right now I work in Coal, but even before this point I have a plan to move out because nothing is forever. But I dont expect to be bailed out to achieve that.

Still stand by the fact that in many cases its the individual that has geared themselves to their eye balls and cant sustain impacts like this, or even smaller economic slow downs and then try woe is me.

Without a doubt this is difficult to plan for, you cant really, but to have no back up or fall back and expect the government to pick up the pieces is to much and as above the ones who wont see a $$ out of any of the grants will be paying more tax; awesome.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
7 users like this post: