View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 05:39 PM   #27
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fiesta ST loses LED headlights in cost cutting move

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

Having said that, if I was in the market for a Fiesta ST, things like engine performance and dynamics would be of more interest to me rather than some sparkly LED lights.
This.

The Fiesta ST Mk 8 is just a very well engineered balanced car. Everything is balanced from engine, gearbox, chassis, brakes, compromise between handling and every day driveability. It reminds me of a Porsche- a little over engineered and finessed, like a velvet glove without the raw edges that normally come with so many performance Fords.

But that should be no surprise given this thing was created by European enthusiast engineers and built in Germany. It has a certain magic fairy dust sprinked over it that you suck in and that just makes you smile.

Simple fact is that in Australia we are getting a good package with the quaiff diff. LED lights is not as a rule better than usual halogen lights/xenon etc. Depends on the lights themselves.

Yes, there is now the Hyundai I20 and I30- whether they have that integrated engineering that the ST Fiesta does and whether they make you smile like the Fiesta ST does only you can tell after driving them all and making your own decision.

Instead of bemoaning lack of LEDs celebrate that Australia gets this little handling classic which has that Ford European DNA hot hatch heritage and finessed engineering whereas countries like USA do not get them.

And the Australian pricing compared to what they are sold for in Europe is very competitive. But sometimes people are never satisfied and just whine and whine....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: