View Single Post
Old 19-10-2015, 03:39 PM   #3
Shockworks

Default Re: BA mk II turbo suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by grn80 View Post
Hey guys,
I've recently become the proud owner of a modified BA mk II turbo sedan.
The previous owner has fitted lowered springs, whiteline swaybars and on the front camber/castor adjusters.
the swaybars are 27mm on the front and 22mm on the rear.
the lowered springs have resulted in the following ride heights:
Front- 347mm (measured from centre of rim vertically to outside edge of guard)
Rear - 340mm (measured from centre of rim vertically to outside edge of guard)

After reading all I have been able to find about your products i'm keen to get a set of coil overs to suit my car. my questions are below:
1. how much for a set of the fully adjustable coilovers delivered to Acacia Ridge Qld 4110
2. I'm wanting to raise the back of the car to match the front. From what i've read by setting your coilovers to achieve a 345-347mm ride height all round I wouldn't be negatively affecting the handling of the car?(i'm not concerned with departure and approach angles just don't wish to affect the handling negatively)
3. what would be the effect of having the whiteline swaybars? should I keep them or would I need to switch back to standard XR6 swaybars

Q4: not falcon related. do you do coilovers for an s15 silvia and if so how much?

Cheers for any information you can provide.

Graeme
Hi Greame,
Gee sorry for the late reply. I have to check the site much more often.

Our fully adjustable kit for the BA is $2200 and $80 delivery to you.

The front and rear are a quite low for handling work. The front steering arms will be pointing up and the rear lower arms will be doing the same. We normally recommend 355mm from hub to guard which is what we found to be the best for the handling and bump absorbtion without upsetting the car. The Whiteline bars are OK but with our kit the car will breakaway much quicker and grip in the wet will be much lower from what we have found with customers cars using the bars. I would really go back to the standard bars. The Falcon already has issues with push at the front and a 22mm bar at the rear is not great with our kit. We did all the balance work with our springs so going back to the stock bars would be my preference.
We do have fully adjustable kits for the S15 and very popular with the track guys. I just had a drive in a customers S15 at Sandown and the balance was just awesome. The kit is $1800.

Cheers
Brett
Shockworks is offline   Reply With Quote