View Single Post
Old 27-08-2020, 11:16 AM   #392
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

As the owner of an FG MkII ute with a 8 inch colour tft (high series screen, no sat/nav), I'm keen to do whatever I can to reduce the risk of the black screen of death (BSOD).

If I may summarise the recommended actions:
  • Regularly powering down the FDIM
  • Carry out any battery replacement with either the engine running or another battery connected such that power is not removed from the car

Have I got that right?

And which screen is this for? Is it all of them, just the black and white lcd screen (low series screen as Ford refers to it in the owners manual), 8 inch colour tft (high series screen), or 8 inch colour tft with sat/nav?

And, just for us numpties, how do I power down the FDIM? Is this just holding the audio on/off button for 3 seconds (or selecting it form the menu on the high series screen) or is there more to it than that?

Interestingly, holding down the audio on/off button for 3 seconds has no effect on my screen. The only way I can select the screen to off is via the settings menu on the touch screen. However, I have a base model Falcon ute and had the high series screen fitted by ASL as I wanted an integrated reverse camera. Not sure if this is why the audio on/off button doesn't function as per the owners manual.

Just thought it would be nice to have a definitive guide for us owners to follow.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote