View Single Post
Old 14-04-2021, 06:05 PM   #403
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Looks like I stuffed up the link to post 228:

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...&postcount=228

As for the FGX, sadly, I don't think anything has changed regarding Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

I do have a VNC/remote-desktop client running on my FG2 (the FDIM I wrote about here, but which is different to the FGX) that connects to a Raspberry Pi 3-A in my centre console. Runs Kodi media centre. I can also install OpenAuto (Android) on the Pi but I wouldn't get the 30 screen updates per second that's needed for a fluid experience. And my Android phone is too old anyway.

I made it a bit more "professional" looking too:

Circuit board that houses an ESP8266-F, CAN BUS module converted to 3.3v logic (5v still for network), GPS module for Nav & Digital-Tilt-Sensor for G-Force.

Two of those units already had Nav, so only one needed the GPS module.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: