View Single Post
Old 16-05-2021, 08:20 PM   #419
dexr6
Starter Motor

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

[QUOTE=dmat2391;6568233]Zut022. I had the exact thing happen to me 2 years ago, drove home after dropping the kids off to sport and as I was driving into the garage black screen.

Yes my FG2 XR6 2014 screen went black after doing some shopping two weeks ago and returned to the car - started it up only to find the screen black - tried disconnecting the battery for 15 mins - nothing would bring it back to life.
Looked around for options and contacted two Ford dealerships - one had NEVER heard of the screen failure and the other took details of my Vin etc only to not get back to me with a definite resolution.
I looked at one aftermarket brand - a Kayhan unit - the authorised dealer network that I contacted advised me that IF you get one that works it could be fine BUT IF you get a bad one you will be in for a heap of frustration to have any warranty resolution let alone get your money back - after sales service is terrible through the suppliers was the comment by the very well respected dealer network.
So what did I do to get the screen working again - well I did a lot more searching on the net only to stumble across Mr. FPV - Dan is his name and HE KNOWS HIS STUFF EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. Contact No 0412 021 021 and he is based in western Sydney NSW.

Dan knows this chronic failure issue in Fords and definitely had a FIX for my car - we decided on an upgrade to a second hand FG2 FPV screen with factory Sat Nav - Dan advised that these screens appear to be much less prone to black screen failures - I went to Dan who removed my dead screen and fitted the replacement screen only - my factory radio remained as it was - Dan hooked into the car's OBD and reset some parameters as well as dialing in my car's Vin No - Hey presto all works perfectly and now with factory Sat Nav included.
So I have a screen that now works again as FORD should have done so for every Model Falcon or Territory etc owner. Not a cheap fix at over $1100 BUT IT works and DAN is a very reliable person from my first hand experience with him.

Dan looked at the Fault Codes and noted that there was one that showed a LOW VOLTS episode - Dan advised that in his experience this was the most probable cause of the screen failure - Dan cleared the fault codes as well.
So my advice is go to someone that you can trust and that will tell you the real facts - I would recommend Dan without any hesitation - he will tell you if he can assist you or not.
dexr6 is offline   Reply With Quote