View Single Post
Old 18-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #152
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey-AMG View Post
Don’t want to go too OT topic here but I did have some strong criteria.

It had to be quick and fast
I didn’t want FWD
It had to have a high quality interior
Needed a bold exterior presence
It had to be quick and fast ( did I mention that already .. lol )
Had to be the halo model of that model range.
It had to be quick and fast.....

Anyways, after jumping in and out of a number of hot hatches ( Audi , Merc , Megane RS , Golf R ) The A45 ticked the most boxes for me.
No regrets and no looking back. It’s a ball tearer in an Armani suit.

As a second choice, the RS3. That Straight 5 engine sound was a delight but the interior fleet like an afterthought. The Golf R was a nice package all round but felt a bit soft and underdone and felt like driving the A45 or RS3 with the handbrake on...

I never thought of going CIVIC Type R , as i just couldn’t live with the look of it. Smashed crab bouillabaisse ....

The Hyundai i30N was perhaps a missed opportunity. I just couldn’t connect with it at all so gave it a miss altogether. My bad perhaps and I reckon a good dose of badge snobbery has blinkered me... I like underdogs and I’ll be following the i30N model evolution with interest.

For now it’s AMG badge snobbery at its finest and yes 100 lashes on the back for me admitting that but geez they do make some fine cars.

AMG have been on a roll the last few years... the a45, c63s is awesome and I went for a run (passenger) in a new e63s which just blew me away... GT63S is my dream daily...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: