View Single Post
Old 19-05-2012, 05:43 AM   #57
steambao
Starter Motor

Default Re: Fuel Consumption on your Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZFord
Your thermostat has gone. I had the same problem with my car. This will cause your engine to rev higher, and use more fuel. When I fixed my thermostat, I picked up about 0.5-0.6L/100km in fuel economy. Do a search on these forums to work out how to replace your thermo, there are posts on it already.
Reading your old post I'd have to say exactly the case! Will go to dealer and get myself a o2 sensor. I suppose you just got one from Ford Dealer right? Reckon its worth fixing yourself or would you go to a servo next time to replace it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
I would say that is probably the one, but before you start replacing stuff at random I would recommend you take the car in to Ford or a good diagnostics place, and get it checked out properly, there are several sensors alone which can obviously cause problems such as excessive fuel consumption and there's no point replacing one if it turns out to be another or something different entirely. You could end up paying out a lot of money unnecessarily on parts that are OK and still be stuck with the same problem. :(
I found one of the reasons (I believe thermo might be the other, and will prob go sevo for exhaust leak check). Last time I did my CAI install I didn't have a good 12mm hose to install from the CAI to the Engine Rebreather. So ended up using a 13mm hose with another hose inside to connect to the engine breather outlet thingy. I believe the inner hose might have been pinched, or leaking air maybe.

Went to clark rubber, got a proper 12mm air/water hose, made sure all the connections were tight and hose wasn't restrictive (last hose was 1m, now it's 50cm), and i'm down to ~ 10.2/100km with lead foot.