View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #5
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestr75 View Post
I would like to know if the dealerships are supposed to guard against this happening when they disconnect the battery to work on the vehicles or do they risk it and hope it still works when the ICC is powered up again?
Replaced a battery in a FG2 this weekend. Same car had some work done about 6 months ago and the ICC failed completely and didn't turn back on. I made sure that a power supply was connected so the ICC didn't lose power during the change.

Quote:
I guess is is something simple but it was a lot of effort to figure it out and those guys priced their $2 solution just under the wreckers price... but if anyone has some information what actually fails in those ICC units we could come up with a more competitive repair price
I'm no electrical engineer / genius but I'm told it's a diode of some kind in the screen assembly. Having said that, a taxi I regularly service has 912000KM on it and is nearing 8 years old and has never had a problem with the screen. It may have something to do with cold start up / shut down or sitting idle for a long time, or maybe even the placement on the dash where it is subjected to or could be subjected to high temps.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote