View Single Post
Old 26-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #28
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
The FGX was delivered next. It has SAT NAV (and the SD card, SD/USB sockets, loom etc.) but I'm yet to trace the wires to get it to light up on the bench. I don't have the schematics of the plugs for the FGX - I didn't think I'd ever need them when I got hold of the FG schematics. Damn!

Did I read somewhere the MKII screen in the higher models (with SAT NAV) are less likely to break? No, they are just as susceptible.

Somewhere I think I read the FGX ICC is somehow larger and won't fit in an FG without grinding down something, is this true (ignoring the radio plugs, which I'm considering addressing by keeping my coded radio unit part)? It doesn't seem any different in size? Not that I am aware of.
Answers in-line above. If you want the pin-outs for the FG-X they are in our tech portal or you can PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceteam
It shouldn't affect SZII - these use a totally different ICC with SYNC2. The bit that fails is the front display module (FDIM - the touchscreen) in the ICC.
It does affect FGII and SZII - only the FG-X units (and the corresponding Territory build dates) use the updated unit.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: