View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 02:07 PM   #9
Mondaveo

Default Re: First DIY oil change (Or, You could have picked a better spot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
From my understanding the Vantage name is exclusively used in Repco. Not sure why, do they charge extra? ;)
They actually were a tiny bit cheaper due to 20%-off sale... but yes, the unique name is likely an arrangement so they can set their own price (if it's not just an older/newer packaging). ABC's The Checkout covered it a while ago, e.g. Officeworks have a price beat promise, but for a given printer they stock exclusively in black, they don't have to match the price for the same model that is sold elsewhere in white.

Interesting/pedantic note about the Vantage labels. On the back it lists compliance with Ford specs WSS-M2C912-A and WSS-M2C913-B/C/D. On the front label this has been mistakenly transcribed as M2C913-A/B/C/D. Makes me think it possibly is an alternative label set made for a particular vendor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
I think we slowly ground oil and DPFs into the dirt on this forum sometime ago.

There was an Alice in Wonderland situation with shop front recommendations and package labelling.
Yes, I have referred to a few of those fantastic and maddening stories, and what a cast too, even John Cleese makes an appearance

Quote:
@Mondaveo - (I copy your style, what does it mean?)
Sorry, it's a syntax that originated on Twitter and other social media platforms for addressing another party in a discussion thread (along with hashtags for topic descriptors like #oil #fordspec #doesntmakesense). On those sites it allows you to specifically mention someone/thing and search for those users and topics, on a forum like this it's just a misappropriation of jargon/shorthand/showing off

Quote:
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 06-01-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote