View Single Post
Old 24-05-2020, 10:17 PM   #19
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Polishing a Vintage Caravan

dressed like that bet your glad its not summer weather. Impressed with your progress.

In my younger days I had a paid job bring 'vans from Hamilton to Christchurch every weekend. Great life fly up with car salesman dad on Thurs morning to Auck, grab the morn paper tick off interested cars, by Frid lunch he would have purchased 3-8 cars, then Id ph my mates...all balitile handsets in those days. and Friday 8pm would have a team of drivers in Auck airport all ready to drive to Hamilton.
Sat morning pick up 3-4 caravans (new) drive to Wellington, change the rego plates back to 'borrowed' plates rather than trade plates (cheaper rates on ferry) first crossing Sunday morn all on board to Picton, stop change back to trade plates and husstle back to Christchurch.
Most of my mates never got and money but wide variety of cars European & English. Have always loved the old 'vans except when on our roads farrting along at 70-80 kph.