View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #85
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
I wonder why that is?

How do you spell profiteering again??

We can make a difference using the boycotting process.

Sure it can be difficult for those in remote areas to boycott the only servo in town so I don't expect them to do much if at all to help in this. But those of us in the cities especially can make a huge difference.

Think of it this way, most people these days are only putting in enough to get them through the day, this used to be $10, now it's more like $25 for the same amount of fuel so we'll use $25 as the average per day.

Now multiply this by say around 2 million cars on our roads everyday (Australia wide), this figure is not precise but it will do for this exercise as it would be near enough to what is actually out their on most week days.

p.s. - if someone does have the exact figure then please put it in and let us know.

Now multiply this by the number of days in the week, whether you use working or full week days is up to you.

It's a pretty fu@#!ng big number isn't it??

Now you tell me which company, no matter how big would just say that's an insignificant amount of profit, how many would say it's only a few trouble makers "it'll pass".

If we actually got together and boycotted one fuel company/retailer at a time for a period of no less than a week I'd reckon they would listen, I know I would if I was losing $250,000,000 a week, or their abouts.

Yes, I know, heard it all before, we are insignificant and mean nothing, wake the Fu@# up people and smell the sweet crude, if we aren't buying then they aren't selling, if they aren't selling then they aren't making money. That's what this is all about............. MONEY

It's pointless talking, it's time to start doing something about it, if the market speculators suddenly saw huge drops in the sales of fuel which would result in a drop in crude oil sales to the refiners then guess how quickly they'd be moving onto the next big thing. They only stay because people are like blind mice, they all complain about the loss of there sight but still just follow the mouse in front of them even if it were to go over a cliff, and still complain all the way down.

Worst thing is that if we don't at least try this boycotting process then how will we ever know for sure what it might do, or do we just keep following the mice in front of which there seems to be quite a few on here.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote