View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 12:22 AM   #85
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Dent puller for au2 bonnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
I think nowadays panelbeaters or the majority do insurance work, the artisan panelbeaters are few and far between, its just the cost is so prohibitive to repair things, alright if it's a valuable vehicle, but the little shopping trolleys of today, we'll you lean on em and they cave in so just bolt and unscrew now, but I think I got a bit ahead of myself on this bonnet, was trying to keep my mind busy and occupy some time without hurting myself, lol, I am achy as hell to be honest, but its been an interesting thread for those who are a bit green ��
I work in a panel shop, we still repair as much as we can, like if a panel-beater can repair a door in a couple of hours @ $40 a hour, its cheaper than buying a second hand one @ $350 + costs to remove and refit, paint inside and out etc, we pump out 70+ cars a week, anything from a scratched bumper to a full front ender with airbags out, the tech we have at our disposal now makes the repair a much quicker and cheaper option than to replace.

I have to agree that the traditional panel beater is long gone, this has a lot to do with the repair procedures that we now have to abide by and some repairs are now not possible, not safe or cost effective.

Im no longer repairing, but some of the guys we have are pretty good and fast, the water based paint is the thing that I cant get over, 2pac was just coming in the last time I got out of the industry, now they paint with water based and it looks great.

Good luck with the bonnet repair, I myself would have had a go at repairing it too if it was mine
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: