Thread: wtf
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2020, 09:52 PM   #65
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
All this sort of talk does is to diminish what has actually happened.
You’ve spent far more time putting forward your opinion of the commentator than discussing the actual topic.
He’s fluff. Irrelevant. White noise.
All you need is what’s shown on the footage.
To try and play down the assault and concentrate on the commentators history does nothing to actually further the topic at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nstg8a, I hear what you are saying.

If you, me and everyone else in this thread was standing on that platform at Southern Cross when this happened, and some guy that happened to have a conviction for DV, pointed it out to us it would be irrelevant who he was.

You and I and I hope everyone else would go over and intervene, as I have said I live in Melbourne, I have a 15 year old daughter, my daughter has been to many places in Melbourne including Southern Cross station without me.

I can literally put myself in the position of the parents of the victim, what if it was my daughter? So my overwhelming feeling watching that footage was for the victim. Others focus on; the fact no one else got involved, the ethnicity of the perpetrators, lack of security at a major Melbourne train station and I’m sure many other things. So ‘the topic at hand’ will vary depending on your reaction to the footage. No ones reaction is right or wrong

For me, if this were my daughter, she would be traumatised and humiliated by the event. And then traumatised again knowing footage that clearly identified her was being played over and over by people she did not know. It does not affect me but I know teenagers are heavy influenced by social media.

Unfortunately nstg8a you and I are not standing on that platform at Southern Cross when this happened. We are watching a recording of someone else’s worst day. So there is nothing we can do to stop this attack and the trauma it caused to the victim. For me I called out this provocateur to stop further trauma to the victim.

Sorry this has turned into quite a rant!