View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #2834
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
OMG I'm getting dragged into a political row....

Trump's legacy will be much better than Obama's.

The POTUSA has 2 jobs.

1 is to set the mood for the country. Obama was good at that, Trump is terrible.

But history remembers the second, not the first. Administration of policy. The fact is Obama was a do nothing president. His campaign was one of platitudes and motherhood statements, he deliberately kept short on detail. Despite this he achieved almost none of his stated agenda. The only significant legislation that got done was the affordable health care act which was so poisoned by the finish it would have been better not to pass it. It will probably set back public health care in the USA years if not decades.

Now let me be clear, I really don't like Trump's agenda, but the fact is he went to the election with stated aims and he has kept more of his promises than any president I can remember. He literally achieved more in his first 2 years than Obama did in 8.

This isn't an endorsement of Trump, it's just a fact that in 100 years if you read an American history Trump will be lauded over Obama.
Thats only if you use Obama as the yard stick.

I still dont get our infatuation with US politics, other than any economic benefits WGAF. That show on the ABC "Plant America" is a joke, cant believe they have made that last or a career out of it.

I bet the general Australian citizen knows more about their politics than ours which is sad.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
This user likes this post: