View Single Post
Old 27-12-2019, 02:12 PM   #246
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

I spent the time to disassemble the "media-player" file (about 6MB so not too large). I found 28 instances of "1000" and could tell 8 of them were for the mp3 file limiter, the rest were various things like book playback speed (I think that's an Apple thing) and file reading lengths.

I changed the 8 numbers to be closer to 10000 (ARM CPUs have an optimised 12bit number format in instructions so 9984 was what I came up with). When I put the stick in with 8000 files, it crashed. I put in one with 1000 files, it worked. Looking at the log, it said where in the media-player exe the problem was... When I looked it was calloc (allocate and clear memory). So it runs out of memory somewhere between 1000 and 2000 mp3 files. So sad.

Here's some files to cheer me up...

JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
8 users like this post: