View Single Post
Old 27-12-2019, 11:52 PM   #251
nc_fairlane

Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I should say, having used the hidden tissue box wires today, which is the first time I've tried to send in Unix commands while it's in the car... The bloody screen goes to sleep all the time even though it's showing a picture. If I wait long enough, my commands are processed, but I found it easier to switch from accessories to off to accessories to wake the screen when I've queued the commands. I only ever need to run a few commands so it's not so bad. On the bench, my Arduino microcontroller is always sending recorded commands in which wakes it - it's a bit sluggish, but fairly reliable.

I've ordered iGo Android files on a SD card from China. Apparently it's got the app and latest maps. Their instructions for updating the maps give me confidence that it's got the files I need, but they don't mention copying over a license file in the details about the files I want. Hmm, they seem to be so reputable! We shall see, I paid almost double to get it in 4-7 days. US$25 + US$20 postage. AU$67 total.

They say it's iGo 8 Primo... Sounds right to me. I may be hacking the exe again if there's no license file though. I'll post a link to their site if I can get it all working.
What maps are they providing you ? Latest is 2019 Q2. I might still have a android cracked file and maps floating around if your interested mate ?
nc_fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: