View Single Post
Old 15-07-2018, 10:58 AM   #866
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

I haven't 'checked in' here for a long time now. For anyone playing along at home, I took myself off my meds earlier this year. I was on meds for colitis, depression and I was seeing a naturopath so I had pills and potions coming out my ears. I cracked it one day and decided to stop taking everything. I told my brother and a close friend so they could keep an eye on me. After a few weeks I told my GP to keep him in the loop.

after a few weeks I went back on the colitis meds (still on them now) but the depression stuff has been in the cupboard untouched for 7 months.

I am feeling better in my self, I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones in that I had a short term need for help, not saying I won't go back in future but for now I'm ok.

I have been under massive pressure at work for the last month and had a few things going on in the personal life as well. I could feel the stress rising and recognised that something had to give. I broke up with the girlfriend (together for a few months) and have taken it upon myself to walk out of the office early on occasion to take a walk in the sun and play with my dogs.

Now I just need to give up the energy drinks and I will be right.