View Single Post
Old 15-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #867
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky View Post
I haven't 'checked in' here for a long time now. For anyone playing along at home, I took myself off my meds earlier this year. I was on meds for colitis, depression and I was seeing a naturopath so I had pills and potions coming out my ears. I cracked it one day and decided to stop taking everything. I told my brother and a close friend so they could keep an eye on me. After a few weeks I told my GP to keep him in the loop.

after a few weeks I went back on the colitis meds (still on them now) but the depression stuff has been in the cupboard untouched for 7 months.

I am feeling better in my self, I guess I'm one of the 'lucky' ones in that I had a short term need for help, not saying I won't go back in future but for now I'm ok.

I have been under massive pressure at work for the last month and had a few things going on in the personal life as well. I could feel the stress rising and recognised that something had to give. I broke up with the girlfriend (together for a few months) and have taken it upon myself to walk out of the office early on occasion to take a walk in the sun and play with my dogs.

Now I just need to give up the energy drinks and I will be right.
Hello,
Good for you brother,am glad you saw through the haze and the fog and worked it out for yourself, but you did the right thing telling your brother and a mate to keep an eye on you!
It worked for me, but it took a long long time for me to realise I could sort myself once I knew what was wrong!

Keep well!

Regards Billy.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote