Thread: Sorry all
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 03:17 PM   #25
MercuryT
Banned

Default Re: Sorry all

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post

In your case- hang in there, if you have been a good father, and continue to be, as best you can to your daughter even with the difficult times, it will turn around with time. Does your daughter have a phone so you can call/text etc.

Even if you are denied access that is not permanent- your daughter will turn 18. Just keep trying to be the best father for her in whatever way you are able and it will turn for you.

Good luck - I wish you the best.
Thanks to not just brilliant post (abbreviated - awesome it's worked out well eventually for you) above but all support, wishes, advice and experiences - have really helped me already see a future.

Just to answer the question - initially yes Court gave me access in person and phone, but every time I did and we'd go to park, pancakes etc and have laughs, I'd get a letter from her solicitor the next day saying my daughter was "so distressed" from my contact my Ex would keep her out of school for a week, take her to psychiatry "to cope" etc.

So i was advised under no circumstances to contact her as it's affecting her education, mental health etc.....all complete lies as we always had a great time, but that's the lengths my Ex went to cut me out completely for zero contact (aa she has remarried so.he is now Dad influence for her etc)

It's pretty sick i reckon but my Barrister said very common tactics used by women to get their children (and I genuinely respect women hugely, love my mum as great friend etc) .

I certainly don't hold any hard feelings to my daughter, as i know she is just being used "as a pawn" - in my Barrister's words. Hopefully one day after 18 I get that opportunity to reconnect like men like you have in time....that's excellent and encouraging to hear - I'm happy for you and others that get that end result.

Last edited by MercuryT; 09-04-2020 at 03:35 PM.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote