View Single Post
Old 25-04-2024, 01:56 AM   #8
Mondaveo

Default Re: 2009 MB Diesel just stalled and won’t start

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan76n View Post
Found it. Ordered one and should arrive by Friday. Fingers crossed this is the problem.
I was already looking so I'll just leave here that this Alan Howatt video shows the camshaft position sensor at the 2:01 mark:

I agree with Citroënbender that although the DTC describes an problem with the data coming from the sensor, it's just as likely the sensor itself is functioning properly and the cause is something other. By all means you may check and change the sensor but you'll need to look to other factors in the event it's not the sensor. Case in point, here's another Alan Howatt video about a no-start concern that seems like a fuel pump fault, but turns out to be an unusual mechanical failure of the camshaft:

If you are going to attempt to work on the car yourself you should really get yourself an OBD scanner tool and the FORScan software (which you can get on Windows, Android or iOS). This will be necessary to read any fault codes to help you work out where issues occur as well as inspect live data and perform service procedures. You should look for an OBD tool that can interrogate both HS-CAN and MS-CAN networks for Ford vehicles. I personally use an OBDLink MX wireless dongle which is Bluetooth connected to my Android phone running FORScan.

I've found a few forum threads of other owners troubleshooting similar issues and fault codes. They might be worth reading to see if there's any similarities with your experience. Unfortunately most of these do not have a definitive answer where the OP provides a final post saying how they fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.

Last edited by Mondaveo; 25-04-2024 at 02:01 AM.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: