View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 08:43 PM   #116
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Will we ever beat cancer?

I agree that our "take" on First World life overall, is a bit inconsistent, and wrought with liabilities.

However, returning to the core topic, surely the best we can do at the present is try to make hay from the manner cases are handled starting with diagnosis/prevention through treatments and palliative care? My mate who has been through the wringer recently, has nil close family history of serious cancer, and has lived a healthy life for the last 25-odd years. So you'd hope a subject like he, would offer research more insight, once the data is crunched and filtered.

Maybe another medium term goal would be in-utero genetic tweaking for minimising known risks in any given case? I say that with quite some reservation, because I think the more we "medicalise" pregnancy, the more we stray from savouring one of the greatest manifestations of the human condition - creating life.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote