View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 01:06 PM   #227
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Cars you don't see many of anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanovic View Post
That Cortina is a beauty!!!!!
so many memories in it.
Was my Mum's ... and she drove it ... not gently.
Used to really get up an go back in the day.
was a 6GL XPAC Model ... 4-speed manual.
Grey striped cloth interior ... black 4-spoke GHIA wheel ... A/C .. grey vinyl roof ... overriders ... foglights
Was a Demo they bought as it was specced by the salesman at the time so had some extras on it.

Got traded in in 1990 when my Dad died .... both of them actually ... the KB Laser was a 1.5GL 5-speed manual with brown cloth interior. Ran off the smell of an oily rag ... bullet proof.

Was traded in for a new Ford Laser KF GHIA ... 5 -speed manual ... I learnt to drive on that as well ... that thing was bullet proof as well. Top car indeed and nice and comfy velour interior too.

Here's a pic of it a little later on in life with alloys instead of the 14" hub caps

And then later on after my Mum moved to QLD before changing plates over
It was running a full Whiteline lowered suspension setup as the old kit was tired and she wanted it to handle a lot better. My Mum was a bit of a hoon. No autos when I was growing up anywhere. All manual cars

Also to add ... another car that others have mentioned that was added to the stable before she moved to QLD as well was this lovely Wasp Yellow manual TJII Magna VRX ... 1 of 3 manuals with sunroof in that colour made.

The front Bridgestone G-GridII's used to get a workout.
The manual shift throw was really long in it ... but was fun to drive.
The KF Laser has a MUCH NICER manual shift/clutch action feel in it.

OK ... back on-topic ... I'll stop reminiscing now.

Last edited by Mechan1k; 08-01-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote
16 users like this post: