View Single Post
Old 23-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #12
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakis
Ok, an update me and some mates installed the 10mm Top gun leads a while back took a while due to hard to access dizzy cap lol, they came up good i think. Also as of Wednesday night i final installed the thermos i had sitting at home for 3 months and also changed the top thermo housing too only issue is that there is a leak that forms from top radiator hose near the radiator, fixing that on Monday...

Quick question fromexperience how long does or should it take my motor to heat up... Cause when trying to set the temp for the fans we left it idle for 20 min with heater and A/C pumping and the motor temp never got above the blue zone :S, im starting to think that temp gauge could be out, cause i limped it home from Doncaster and it never got above the same area either. This normal?

Pics will be up soon .
Sounding good so far. As for the temp not getting there, it was common for some people to take out the thermostat in cars that had overheating problems in the old days. I would check to see if you have one. If not, get one. If you do have one, it may need replacing.