View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 12:46 PM   #47
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vfacts March 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I don’t know why everyone focuses on Jeep so much. They are pretty much right in the middle of the sales chart. Sure no where near what they were selling in 2014, but before 2011 they were a small brand anyway.
They’re increasing sales worldwide, yet here they are struggling due to the reputation.
To be fair, apart from the new Wrangler that was launched at the start of the year, their line up is ancient.
The outgoing Wrangler was 12 years old. Cherokee and GC 8 years old.
Wrangler is said to have hybrid powertrain later this year, along with a new GC and Gladiator.
I'm hoping they keep going as I would like a Gladiator when funds allow in a couple of years.

If the financial fallout from current events don't see some brands exiting the market, could we see a change in the way dealerships do business in an attempt to reduce costs...
Most are sitting on prime realestate to house dozens or hundreds of cars that will likely be reduced to clear. Parts departments have taken a hit from OEM quality alternatives, online overseas purchasing and parallel imports of OEM parts at a much cheaper price.
Online listings, credit checks, applications, approvals and sales reduce the need for desk space and personnel in building/showrooms.
Add to the fact the market is diluted with so many segments, brands & models with strong incentives to buy, discounting, warranty etc. No doubt something under review when the margin on some small vehicles is $300 and sales dry up.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: