View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #166
dl86
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG Coilovers

No particular settings. Although a good set of guidelines can be found here.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...ion-Guide.aspx

Generally -2.5 to -3 neg camber front, -1 to -2 neg rear and the toe angles I suggested would work well from what I gathered. Front toe out for better turn in and slightly more rear toe in than front toe out to help keep the car steady in a turn. I found running zero rear toe caused the car to snap over-steer mid corner with too much throttle which was a scary experience to say the least.

When I had sportmaxx I used to understeer very easily almost having to come to a full stop to do a sharp turn. A rubbish tyre. Then moved to the Bridgestone RE11's in the stock size which helped a lot now I'm running a smaller light weight 18" rim in a custom size with even stickier rubber and the car snaps into place where ever you aim. Don't waste your time with normal performance street tyres for track work. Look at any of the extreme performance summer tyres for a dual duty street/track set up a couple that come to mind

Bridgestone RE11
Hankook RS3
Kumho Ecsta XS KU36
Yokohama Advan AD08R
FG MKII GT ZF, 444.8rwkw, 61mm YT snout, 1000cc injectors, 460lph fuel pump, big kpm intercooler, shockworks w/12kg front springs, SSR GTX01 18X9.5" +22 F/R, nizpro input shaft, 1pce 4" AL tailshaft, poly bushings all round, trutrac, headerback exhaust 3", whiteline sway bars, IMS diff hat, herrod spark booster, Alpine R type speakers/Alpine R type 2x12" ported subs/Pioneer GM-D9601/8604 amps and other bits
dl86 is offline   Reply With Quote