Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2020, 04:53 PM   #328
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
As a part time milk delivery driver, the average bogan dole bludger is now going to earn more money sitting on the couch, bong an beer in hand, than I make going to work and taking all the risk.

The average 2 child family on unemployment now will have more money coming in AND get all the benefits, than me the missus and 2 teenagers, and she's a health care coordinator dealing with in home aged care, so and we're basically essential services.

Ya got to laugh about it or you'd cry...
Im hearin' ya fella, my Wife works in aged care and im a casually employed school bus driver, when the schools get closed this week i'll be unemployed and unfortunately due to how much my Wife earns, which really isn't that much to be honest, we wont be entitled to anything from centrelink unless they lower the combined income test which means we'll lose $1400 per fortnight.
Thankfully we've lived off her wages alone for the past 2yrs and have used mine to pay off debt and save so we have a bit of a buffer we can lean on but it'll only stretch so far.
3 users like this post: