View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 10:40 AM   #42
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 
Default Re: Things Id like in a future car design

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
This is what annoys me about modern cars.
The technology connectivity, driver aids and extraneous stuff has overtaken the purpose of a vehicle in basic form, that is to get you from A to B as quickly and comfortably as practical.

I don't care if a 10 year old can set up all the doodads in record time. I want a 16 >17 year old to be able to control a car without driving it into the trees or a shop because some electronic chip failed.

I am one of those elderly drivers who hates keyless activation, self locking, and a distracting tablet stuck to dash that resembles a slab of kitchen bench.
I completely fail to understand why the simple functions of slotting a key into a hole, selecting a lever into 'D', releasing a real 'handbrake' and having a selection of favourite music entertainment to insert into a hole in the dash, have to be replaced by a different method which will be obsolete itself in 10 years.

Yes, I am too old for this ****, but I do enjoy driving my uncomplicated 21 year old dinosaur juice V8.

It sounds like you’d be a candidate for my “country pack”.
Maybe I’ll add a CD player as an optional extra.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: