View Single Post
Old 25-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: BF BA XR6T 1/4 Stock Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
depends on conditions too. A hot day with a heatsoaked BF i6t with that itty-bitty intercooler wont run its best. tyres/wheels as well could count. full tank, empty tank all count.

I certainly feel a mid to high 13 is very reasonable for these cars bog stock.

I remember my bf turbo stock and it didnt feel slow compared to my LS1 that ran mid 13s in full street trim.

the real beauty of these cars is not what they can do stock, its with some mild mods.. injectors, tune, intercooler, pump, actuator, dump-cat pipe. Mine is now a rocket.

A friends stock and untuned BF XR6 Turbo Auto ran a 13.6 quarter at Willowbank under good conditions, end speed about 169 km/h.

To put that into perspective as far as 0-100 km/h times are concerned, that car has since managed a low 5.6 second 0-100 time under fairly good, but not perfect conditions (measured by a GPS based Performance Box the same as Motoring Magazines use).
I suspect that another couple of tenths lower might just be possible under excellent conditions.

With a car having that performance profile, a 5.4 second 0-100 time would likely result in a 13.6 second 400 metre time. But at a Dragstrip with the car shallow staged (and getting maximum rollout before the time count starts), I'd expect that about a 13.3 quarter time slip should be possible.

Of course it's all very dependent on how well the car leaves the start line.

Last edited by 2242100; 25-03-2015 at 06:33 PM.
2242100 is offline   Reply With Quote