View Single Post
Old 21-01-2024, 03:39 PM   #6
mickyj

Default Re: Ford focus 2012 just something funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
My 2008 was still going strong when I traded it at 278000 but importantly it was a manual
Yeah so they recalled the transmission we had it replaced at the dealer the car was purchased by my dad . When it played up again doing the same thing I was driving it not my son he limped from near the Air Force base in northern Adelaide suburbs to the western suburbs where we live . I called the RAA they towed it to the dealer who gave me a song and dance no time to look at it for weeks I’d called transmission companies first they all refused to look at it said ford only . It sat at this ford dealer for a month they called me said they couldn’t find the problem said it was the battery . Now they held the car that long it ran out of warranty on that transmission they replaced . Drove it until it went again called the RAA saying dealer said battery the RAA looked at the battery no issue it’s the transmission it was jumping around . RAA towed it to a ford dealer at Norwood called me said they had no idea how long it would take 7 days later fixed no problem with transmission cost me a lot
So happily driving it around for awhile and suddenly the computer sends a message on the screen over heating pulled over in busy traffic cools down I drove somewhere else did it again on south rd busy time got home somehow called auto masters they looked at it
Somewhere I posted head gasket gone they did a service as well funny thing the dealer hadn’t been servicing the focus correctly or allegedly they didn’t oil filter full of rubbish oil no good and other stuff
So they replaced repaired everything been fine and all that was cheaper than a service done by the ford dealer I mean far far Cheaper
And yes the car has only done just over 70’000 kms
The kilometres it had done service time the ford dealers workers would laugh their heads off as the car was thousands of kilometres below the amount for the service
And looks like the dealers mechanics didn’t actually do any car servicing if what Automasters people told me
mickyj is offline   Reply With Quote