View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 11:01 PM   #73
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Re: USA Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Ok, So shoot to kill is the order of the day then now.

Wonder why they didn't do that with the Bourke St car killer considering they followed him all day into the heart of the city and did nothing.
Even though there may have been four cops there (Melbourne Freeway situation), if the suspect decides to take action, it turns into a one-on-one situation. Suddenly it's a split second decision from the copper about what to do, what's right, can I do this? And then once the decision is made, grab the Taser/ baton/firearm and use it, hopefully effectively.

I pulled up outside a house in an outback town late one night years ago for a domestic situation, and a bloke (a roo shooter) stepped out from behind a tree in the front yard aiming what I found out was a .22/250 rifle at me. My best response was to try and find the accelerator, and that seemed to take way too long for my liking. My partner somehow made it onto the floor of the back seat. I also found out later that he wanted to shoot a copper.

Despite what numbers of police might be there, every situation is different.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them

Last edited by Captain Stubing; 02-06-2020 at 11:09 PM.
6 users like this post: