Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2020, 12:59 AM   #717
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
The case of the Perth man who died today is quite concerning. Over 70, no previous respiratory conditions, had no symptoms, fainted, went to hospital, tested positive, put into isolation ward, 25 hours later he's dead!

Scary to know that even though he was admitted to hospital, he could not be saved. And that's while the hospital was nowhere near being overwhelmed with Covid-19 cases. Imagine what it would be like IF it ever get's to the stage where the hospitals are being overwhelmed with cases.
Scary that Perth suburbs are still running like normal. Every time I did a tp check run until yesterday I found the shopping centres are almost as busy as normal. (small shops shut but everyone still going to the supermarket and fruit and veg shop.)
Many couples and/or friends walking together almost hand in hand and not picking up the clues in the tape 'X's or lines on the floor the shops have done about distancing from strangers either.

I'm not a fearful guy, spent too many recent years wishing I was dead anyway. But what really gets my goat is the ban on cartons of 500ml cans of oettinger. Apparently they're banned because they're too big
at 12L beer (even though you can buy 30 can blocks of 375ml cans that are 11.5L - but I don't like those beers ;-) ) E: In WA we're banned from buying more than 1L spirits, 3 bottle of wine or 1 carton of beer since tuesday. All the cheap bourbons are mostly sold out already despite the limit but that's OK, I don't drink that and plenty of preferred options. But the oettinger cans is a kick in the guts especially if the bottleshops close and I have none to ration for a month or more

There's only slightly more parking spots than normal so plenty of people about. When I went to the bottle shop some guy was chatting away talking the cashiers ear off like it was normal every day and wouldn't F 'off.

There was a warehouse/logistics/forklift course I signed up to a month ago and they keep calling and texting me to confirm I'm still going to rock up to the classroom on Monday. I don't know what to do as it's a private training academy that already has my bank account debit authority so if I cancel they'll probably still charge me. I can't see the point as there's going to be no work on anymore for a while (any employment would be for experienced over someone that just did a course).

Last edited by oldel; 27-03-2020 at 01:05 AM.