View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #55
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Phil B's XB coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil B
So what's the difference between the rubber and urethane? Why some in some places?
Urathane is quite firm and can affect the ride quality and noise transmitted into the cabin. Some people like the feeling of urathane in the rear leafs. I'd rather the better ride quality. There are also some issues with durability of urathane with some people reporting these bushes flogging out within a few years. Other people that I know just yank them straight back out and put rubber in.

Sway bar saddle and link pins in urathane are good as it will make the sway bar more effective.

The lower control arm won't transmit much noise or harshness. IMO the castor rod needs a rubber bush to allow more flex.

The upper control arms are probably the older style metal joint with grease nipples. It use to be popular to retrofit later model arms with rubber bushes but this trend seems to have been reversed in recent years with the older style becoming more popular again.

You have air shocks in the rear end. I would bin them and replace the shocks all round with some good ones, like Konis. Look at a rear sway bar too.