Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 24-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #468
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
If parents are so worried about their kids then simply pull them out of school, I swear its people without kids who seem to be making more fuss over it.

We dont need the Gov to tell you what to do all the time.
As I said previously, there's more to it than just taking your kids out of school, if I want to take my kids out of school I can just make a phone call.
The concern is, what are the repercussions for them from doing so if mainstream education continues and they fall 3 or even 6 months behind?
I heard one of the Politicians say yesterday with regards to school that they need to have unity on the subject, having some in school and some out at the discretion of their parents isn't unity.

Some parents don't care about their kids education, some just don't want to have to get up and get them ready and will jump at any opportunity to keep them at home and at the other end of the spectrum are the parents who don't give a **** what their kid picks up so long as they don't have to see them between the hours of 9am and 3pm.
In my job I see both ends and everything in between.

Yesterday I had kids staying home as they we're, and I quote the Parent 'scared of the virus' and today they are back and others are absent for the same reasons.
How can you be scared of something one day and comfortable with it the next if the issue is statistically growing.

The Government is trying to be friends with everyone and in doing so is creating more confusion than necessary, they trot out excuses to justify one argument which doesn't stand up to even the most basic of test.
They suggest that keeping kids home will bring the country to a standstill yet between mid December and the beginning of February every year kids are home for 6 weeks and it barely rates a mention. They suggest kids will be hanging around shopping centres if absent from school yet at any other time we're told to get kids out of their bedrooms and from behind screens as they're becoming lazy and obese, hang on, at any other time the kids are stuck in the rooms behind screens but when COVID19 is in the air all of a sudden these lazy obese kids are walking down and hanging around the shopping centres.
C'mon, as I've said from day dot on this subject, the contradictions are everywhere.

Im not saying they should shut down schools, im suggesting they stop mainstream teaching and keep every child on the same page so that when this is over no one is disadvantaged then, because of what they feel they need to do now.

Last edited by BENT_8; 24-03-2020 at 12:56 PM.
This user likes this post: