View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #34
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Whats stopping people from buying the Falcon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
As for Commodore, truth is Commodore was tracking that fast downward in 2008. Sportwagon saved Commodore's @rse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
I didn't agree at the time. I actually felt that they spent alot of money just to substitute a wagon sale for a sedan sale. Although I did agree it provided an alternative come lease renewal time.

But, for the last year and a bit, I would have to wholeheartedly agree. Sportwagon stopped what was a very downward sales trajectory of the Commodore because at that time,
heres a sales graph of the large car segment.

sportwagon was released in july 2008. apart from the odd spike here and there i can't really see any upward trend or levelling out compared with falcon and aurion.

the one area that commodore seems to have widened the gap a little is in 2006 which one would assume was the release of the VE, however looking back, the gap has widened and closed all through history. for all we know, the gap could narrow again through 2012 or it could widen further. when you look at it with a much broader view, its not as bad as what everyone tries to make out. its annoying the amount of commentators who make out its a problem unique to falcon.

the fact of the matter has been touched on a couple of times already in this thread. for most people, large cars don't make sense anymore. the only people that still buy them are those that NEED to, and those that WANT to. both those groups are small groups. small cars today are no longer that small and are no longer is there a compromise on equipment. often, the smaller cars actually have more features.

people just need to accept the fact that falcon (and the large car segment) is a bit part player now.