View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Tock

Default Thanks Shockworks!

Big shout out to Chris and Brett at Shockworks.
I was up at their workshop yesterday having the OE replacement dampers put in the F6. Great guys to have a chat to, efficient install, and boy do they know their stuff!!!

After install, I took the "long way" home and was really happy with the results of such a simple upgrade. The car feels so much better through corners, and handles road changes really well - I was worried about a harsher ride, but this didn't present at all. If anything, so harsher road conditions feel smoother.
The biggest improvement (after only a couple of hours with them so far) is mid-corner wallow and the floating feeling you get off the stock setup - particularly if there are elevation changes, ruts, etc mid-corner. Traction and power down out of a corner also feels improved, although I will need to go back to stock sway bars from their advice to perhaps remove some twitchiness in the rear end.

If people are thinking about Shockworks products, then I can say that you won't be disappointed with their gear, service and knowledge. Thanks again!

2 users like this post: