View Single Post
Old 28-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #85
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Winter planting for my favorite customer this afternoon.

First was a replacement Iceberg standard rose.

Second was a new tree for a warm sunny spot of the garden.

This tree replaces two columnar Apples that never really did all that good. I am a big believer that if a plant isn't doing the job as intended, try something else. No point nursing a sick or miss-chosen plant if it's just not working.

This is a new variety of Cercis from Fleming's, so new I can't even find it on their website. Research indicates that this variety will tolerate our Aussie summers better than other Cercis. 'Aurelian' features golden lime-yellow foliage followed by a showy late winter/early spring display of flowers along the stems.

Filling out the enxtended garden bed are two Salvia and a low growing Grevillea. Both should love the warmth of this spot. The Grevillea I chose is 'Mt Tamboritha', a variety that features attractive soft foliage and pink spider-like flowers. Both Salvia's are from the 'Heatwave' collection that are generally more compact in growth.

I also added some winter colour to some pots, Polyanthus are a favorite of mine.

I love the hope and promise that goes into planting.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: